Memories of the Wind.

Friday, March 31, 2006

My spooky tales part3- bei gui ya

Hi i am back after a certain period of absence. Hate me or like me, i am going to continue to deliver my heart stoppin stories to my readers. And each one promises to be better. Tonight's eerie topic is bei gui ya (to have a ghost sleepin on top of u).

In case u do not know wat is bei gui ya, i would do a brief explanation here. When u r sleepin and u r about to wake up or u r in a case of semi-unconciousness state, u suddenly feel a presence lying on top of u. U would not be able to move ur limbs or any part of ur body, let alone the strength to scream out in shock or in fear. U would be rendered helpless while the presence continue its attack on u till it's willin to leave. Some claim to hear its breathing or able to feel its touch, while some can even roughly see a vague figure on top of them. All these has not been scientifically proven. No empirical evidence can be taken except for accounts of the supposedly victims who has been through this horrific scare.

Science offers a reasonable explanation for this phenomenon, arguing that the 'victim' has been too tired. This results in the victim being mentally awake but not physically awake as the brain is unable to send signals to the body, commandin it to move. Well, this is very true, cuz i have experienced something like tat before, but trust me, i believe i can differentiate wat's tired and wat's not. . .

Ok. . when i was in jc 2, i got this bizzare experience which i can probably say its a "bei gui ya" ba. I was in my wonder world of dreamland, and i was dreamin about me goin to chapel in SA, which was rather weird, considering my frequent absence from chapel during j2. =P. Haa. anyway, when chapel ended in the dream, and i was about to leave the auditorium, i was told to stop in my tracks by a female voice from behind me. I turned around, and was faced with an unfamiliar face smirking to me, and sneering softly, asking why i was in a haste to beat a retreat.

I was suddenly rooted as if electricity struck me. A spasm overtook my entire body and i was jolted, waking up as a result. I found myself being stuck like a veggie and i could sense an eerie presence somewhere. I was unable to shout out loud, i was unable to wriggle my limbs, my body was clearly pushing the panic button but there was no life guard, no buoy to help me when i was practically drowning in fear.

I remembered my chants taught to me from somewhere i cant divulge. I quietly ignored my cold sweat that was breaking out and i juz continue to chant in my heart. As if a miracle somehow happened, i found the pressure on my body slowly releasing, and suddenly i was able to move after a period of probably 5 minutes which seemed like eternity to shellshocked me. .

I related this account to my elder bro back then in the next morning and he was visibly shocked too. . as if lightning could never strike twice, he encountered the same spook in the same bizzare fashion as me. He was in a dream where his name was being called out by a female voice and the horror replayed again. He told me later in the week that he could see vaguely a shadow on top of him when tat happened, and when he chanted his prayers, the presence seemed to lash out at him by becoming fiercer till he managed to break free.

What a scare for both of us tat time!! anyway, my bro was complainin that whole week tat he felt a unclean presence goin around the house. Eeee.. . .

I am gettin goosebumps every minute i am penning this true tale again. It shudders me to think of it. And oh ya, recently, i got the same unbearable experience again except it lasted only for a short while this time. I woke up to a jolt again, and this time, i clearly felt someone pullin both of my legs. It was definitely unmistakable and really scary!! when i broke free, i could feel something watching me from the corner. Brrr......

Hmmm. dunno wat u gotta say, those who manage to finish readin this story. feel free to leave any comments if u ever experienced the same thing before. I want to know how u feel like when u r being pressed by the unrelenting presence.

Be horrified. My upcoming tale is about toyols- the ghost child that lived one level above me.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 11:11 PM

2 Comments:

Wah liew.. scary leh...
Meifang also got encounter few times leh.

12:54 PM  

haha u guys damn funny...everyone got blog one ah. Next time it happens...just relax urself and u will gain back control of ur body. U need not be physically tired...maybe mentally etc. But one thing for sure...the more u panic...the longer this experience will last. So when it happens again the next time...dun force urself to move, just relax and everything's gonna be fine.
It's normal for people to link all unknowns to supernatural events, but i think the fact that when u relax urself, u can gain control back meant it probably is fatique. Others think it's faith that saved them...but basically pple not of faith can also wake up by being calm...so yeah dun imagine things ha

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home