Memories of the Wind.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

My spooky tales- The radio

Its my fav bedtime story again. Yes after the prelude, i am back wif another true tale to tell. I urge my readers to take my story with a pinch of salt, even thou my stories are true and factual accounts to begin with. Its understandable that not all people believe in supernatural stuff, disregarding them as far fetched and deviates immensely from the realistic world where science reigns. Haaa, if u are one such reader, just treat my account as ur fav horror movie and armed urself with ur bag of tidbits and pop corns. For the others who rather gives the benefit of doubt, thanks. Well, lets not whet ur appetite anymore. I shall commence on this short story, "The radio".

I remember quite vividly this unnatural tale that happens around 3 years ago. I was still a jc student, with my regular mushroom haircut, hair dry and dark like ur ordinary mob that can be found at the corner of any well equipped bathroom. It occurs on a saturday and it happened around 11 plus pm, close to midnight. Well the timing does not come as any surprises, as such unnatural events tend to unfold only at night. It is only normal that we expect any supernatural occurences to happen around a ungodly hour at least,, but when it occurs at your own house, wat do u say about that?

Well, the incident did occur at my house, my own living room. I was watching a chinese show alone. My parents, auntie and all were tucked snugly in bed, enjoying the pure fantasies of wonder dreamland. My brother was still outside with his gf, if my memory still serves me. Anyway, this is not the main point. The most amazing thing happened when i am watching this show alone with the lights off, and only the tv still blaring.

When the show went to commercials, my ancient hi fi which was situated right behind me, decided to give me a surprise. And it came as a freaking big shock! This hi fi at that point of time was still in working condition, its condition similar to a old horse that has slogged its guts out in its hey day and was enjoying its well deserved retirement. In any case, it was bought 10 to 20 years ago and it was seldom used at that time already as we had purchased a new stero system then.

SOo wat did it do? It suddenly came to life and music came out from the speakers. The music was almost inaudible and the sound quality was poor with a quite a lot of interference. It was a never heard of chinese oldie and sang by some unfamilar female singer. If i could ever remember the tune, i would hum it out to those that are interested in the song, but sorry, i couldnt. It was freaking me out and i remembered that the power to the hi fi was never on in the first place, so how could it defy my sanity and convention?

I braced myself and feigning as much courage that was left in my body, i whispered to myself how come this could happen. Searching for a voice to comfort me. i even bent down to check for the switch that was connected to the hi fi. NOO! No power was supplied to the hi fi at all! I stood up and looked at the hi fi again. My goose pimples raised. The hi fi as if in sinister glee, reflected that the power was still on and the music still reached to my ears. What a welcomin sight! !

Haa, not to be beaten, i sat down and continued to watch my show, justifyin the phenomenon as a sudden surge in electical flux or magnetic flux, careful not to insinuate that some strange stuff was at work here. After some while, the music managed to die off, which was lucky for me. .

After this fateful incident, the hi fi could never be used again. It is finally resting in peace. However, it was never thrown away and is still at the same spot as a mantel piece. HAHA. Hopefully, it would not rise from the dead and deal me a greater surprise. Even now, at this moment when i am penning this tale, my goosepimples are raised and even without any breeze in such a hot night where the air is still.


Hmmm, did u ever experienced being slept on top by a ghost "bei gui ya"?
Stay tuned to my next tale. . .

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 8:37 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home