Memories of the Wind.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My spooky tales part5- "Who lives here?"

This true blue account that i am goin to relate is narrated by my mother to my brother in unnerving fashion and shared convincingly by my brother. Whether the facts have been twisted or blown out of proportions, i do not know, but i have concrete evidence of actual sightings to support the account, making it all the more reliable. Since this is just a personal blog, no formal interviews have been conducted or attempts made to verify the evidence. Neverthless, this does not imply that there is no credibility at all in my account. Here goes. . .

When i was young, (more than 15 years ago) my family owned 2 units in one of the most famous flats in the 1980s. It was one of the highest standing flats in the hey days, going up to 16 storeys. And it was most probably due to its towering height that beat other flats flat when it comes to suicide rates. Yes, there were many people who fell prey to the ills of life even in the past and chose to fall from grace at the height of 16 storeys. Often, one would hear a loud "thump" and the mamas would hush and forbid the children to watch. Futhermore, it was at this flat where one of the most famous murders in Singapore occured. The cause of death was several gunshot wounds inflicted on the vital organs. . Such was the noriety of this flat. And it was at one of the 2 units that the brush with the supernatural occured.

My mother owned one of the 2 units but strangely, when i was young, at the age of around 5, i remembered only living in the other unit which was shared by my maternal aunt and grandmother. The other unit had been left vacant despite the lack of rooms in the 2 room unit. The reason is surely obvious to my clever readers. Yes. It was haunted. Haunted by a vengeful female ghost. The tell tale signs were there, coercing my mum, spooking her enough to move to my grandmother's more benign unit.

The signs

1. There was once when my mother was sleepin not so peacefully in her bedroom in the haunted unit. She was having a nightmare. A fierce women with dishevelled hair was shouting to her in her sleep to leave the house immediately, stamping authority and claiming ownership of the unit. My mum woke up, breaking in cold sweat. But she wasnt prepared for the sight that beheld her. . The whole room was in a mess. And it wasnt just the bedroom only. Practically the whole house was in an unsightly state. Furniture were misplaced, things thrown about, as if World War 3 had broken out or a bulldozer was hard at work while my mum laid like a log.

2. My mum returned home from work in the late afternoon to a shock another day. Her neighbour was enquiring whether my mum had been at home in the morning as the window was open and she could see the boiling of water in the kitchen earlier. This basically freaked her out because she had remembered to close the window and she wasnt boiling any water at all in the morning. In fact, she had already left house at the point of time when her neighbour saw the boiling of water. No rational explanation could be offered. .


3. My mum simply decided it was too much and moved to my grandmother's unit on the same level but another section. Trouble seemed to cease. But it brewed again when my uncle brought his "ex- girlfriend" or rather "present wife" back home. It was too late and my mum suggested that my uncle's girlfriend, who is my aunt to stay over at the other unit. I wasnt sure whether that was a practical joke by my mum but stay over my aunt and uncle did. They wasnt as lucky as my mum. I heard that the ghostly apparition appeared before them. The details i do not know but i was pretty sure they came through the incident unscathed.

There wasnt any sightings of the ghost again at least to my knowledge. She was content to be left alone in the unit after that.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 2:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home