Memories of the Wind.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Gullible. Yes, that word.

Gullible. Yes, that word.

I realise how kids can be so gullible. I was young once, and that word fits me like a key to its lock. It struck me when I received a small box of cereals, complimentary with 2 packets of 1 L Marigold milk.

I wanted to eat cereals at night when I was young, but my mum won't allow it. Therefore, she intimidated me by telling me that I will become a monster if I eat it at night because it is supposed to be for breakfast. Nah, I am pretty terrified of monsters and I certainly do not want to scare myself when I look into the mirror.

A few years on, I used that on my cousin, Vanessa, who came over to stay for a few years because her parents sought help from my mum to take care of her. I was 8 years her senior. She was only around 6 that time and me 14?

Ahhh, she has a penchant for meat. Sometimes, I wonder if she is more of a carnivore than an omnivore. One fateful night, in order to stop her from eating too much duck, I resorted to using a similar technique too.

I scared her off simply by saying that the duck monster, Yi Bi Ya Ya (it came from a song, wonders if you know, lol.), will come and take revenge if she keeps on eating. Then I passed her a green ring made of plastic with a V letter embedded on it. I told her this ring will help her ward off any evil, but if she were naughty, I will take the ring away from her.

haaa...

She still remembers Yi Bi Ya Ya.


ps: If you wanna read what I blogged for Ethelonter 5, please click on the link below.
Ethelonter 5 link
posted by Xiao Feng at 6:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home