Memories of the Wind.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mr Smelly tan and his wicked boy.

Though I am able to make it back to the blogging scene for now, I have little reason to rejoice as yet.. My desktop is still spoilt and I am able to make a mini comeback because of the amazing contribution coming from my unreliable laptop. This laptop goes awry by the time it manage to log on to windows live messenger and I marvel at the plucky attempt to maintain a normal state of functioning this time round.

Anyway, this week has been one real hell of a ride. I am really starting to detest coming back home, with the ruckus that my aunt kicks up and all. I find myself avoiding the need to get back home early if possible, and that was totally unnecessary because I have to teach tuition on wednesdays and thursdays, and I normally have events after work on my free weekdays too. However, that comes with a tinge of guilt that is hard to pacify despite the couple of run-ins I had with my aunt because she does treat me quite well. She brews funny tasting drinks for me with rather expensive herbs that remain polite strangers to me throughout my entire life because she knew I have not yet recovered from my sore throat. I am grateful for all that, the trouble taken and all. Well, I do my part, doing household chores during my limited time at home like there was no tomorrow.

If anything was to blame, notwithstanding the fact that my aunt is a difficult person to live with, the other tangible source of conflict is Mr smelly tan. A spurious claim? Your judge.

Who is Mr Smelly tan anyway? He is the living thing whom I have to thank for my other half of my genes and the surname which I have infamously inherited. A fine lineage, I presume. Thankfully, I never inherit his shameless sense of uselessness. Well, he likes to sleep at the void deck and we leave him to be but my brother always asks him to come up at night when the former returned from work and instruct him to bath. I was not that forgiving and I resented this entire idea till last week when my brother "pleaded" with me to get Smelly tan to come upstairs to bath when I am free because I get back home earlier than my brother sometimes.

However, my brother used this sentence which has the desired effect on me.

"No matter what, he is still a man."

All right, I accept this. Be it amoeba or man, it is fitting to be compassionate.

Hence I acted my role as a filial son this week by "laying the red carpet" and invite Smelly tan home whenever I can. My aunt's natural reaction to Smelly Tan when she sees or smells him is instant hatred and a insatisable thirst for his blood.

I tried to talk her around by using the concept of forgive and forget, yet she was infuriated by my feeble yet noble attempt to cease her non stop fire. (smelly tan will not retaliate or react, he is just like a walking vege.) As a matter of fact, she got angry at me for talking back to her and voices were raised often.. She still cries very often too.

* Sighs *

Smelly tan gets on my nerves too. As the name suggests, he is really smelly. He seems to salivate uncontrollably like some dogs and his saliva gives off a stench so strong that it could have probably put a baby elephant to "sleep". The only reason why we could stand it is the highly rated adaptability that we human beings possess.

Just a few days ago, smelly tan's saliva on the floor while he was sleeping was met with utter disgust by my brother. Ants are attracted to the yellow pus-like substance called "smelly tan's saliva". Freaking freaky.

.....

I have a whole lot to whine about, but not now anymore. I do not want to kiss my sleeping time goodbye.



That's all folks.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 11:32 PM

1 Comments:

hi beni. i agree with ur brother that "no matter what, he is still a man", and may i also add, he is afterall still your dad. no matter what. i am in no position to tell u what u should do bcos i dunno the whole story. but i just dun want u to live in regret or remorse. yes, he may not have contributed to the family whatsoever, may not have been a good father, a good husband. yes he may be bad, but do u want to be an unfilial son? i'm sure u dont. True forgiveness entails acceptance and love no matter what the other party has done.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home