Memories of the Wind.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The soccer hooligan.

A fight of the century could have been fought.

The exciting and totally rude exchange of vulgarities were an ominous sign of bloodshed and violence. It could have spurred 2 hot headed men to grab at each other's throats and spill blood. However, it simply ended with a few glasses of beer for one of the man and his companions.

That man was my brother.

We were playing soccer at Fico which was an indoor turf soccer court near Jurong West today at 10pm with a group of friend's friends. As a matter of fact, that meant strangers. My brother was involved in a slight tussle with a pockmarked guy donning a Man Utd jersey. My brother had shrugged off his attention and the guy fell to the ground in a more than legitimate challenge.

Any referee would have let play go on for a harder challenge.

The pockmarked guy reacted as if someone had hurt that small, oblivious part of his innate pride. He ranted off like a mad dog on the loose and was incredulous that my brother did not apologize for that challenge on him.

However, he did not really give my bro a chance. The guy was up on his feet in an instant and how do u expect a sane human being to react when a mad man started shooting with his verbal AK47 from point blank range.

If a man starts shooting at you, u either run, or shoot back.

My brother chose the latter.

Angry words ensued, but my brother was the calmer one.

The guy got so angry that fists were raised and we had to seperate them.

The guy finally said" I do not want to play with you."

Words formed in my head. "Childish little fool."

My brother shouted back and said fine. He left the court which was enclosed in a net. Our team followed suit. 5 of us just sat outside to rest for a while. Another team who was waiting for their turn outside went to play and one of them who was about to go into the court told my brother not to mind that guy and the pockmarked guy overheard that. The kind hearted guy got a load of verbal attacks from his pockmarked friend because of that.

Intermediate conclusion: The pockmarked guy is really ... bla bla bla..

The most ridiculous thing is.. After 3minutes or so, the pockmarked guy in the court began his rubbish again.

He ranted:" Since you are not interested in playing and want to leave, why are you still here?"

Gosh.. I could hear something break. I think it is my brother's temper. My bro got totally obscene. Anyway, the rest of us were quite exasperated since we had the right to rest a while first.

Hmm, the human mind is complex. Has the mechanism in the pockmarked guy gone awry?

Final conclusion: Let's just leave.

.
.
.
.
ps: It was lucky that I managed to calm my brother by listing the undesirable consequences of assault. He really wanted to beat the daylights out of that guy.

Really, what is the point.

Labels: , ,

posted by Xiao Feng at 2:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home