Memories of the Wind.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

a petter pic across the sea?

Jap kids ar really cute. And they ar the most polite kids that i prob seen. I worked for an event company last week at sentosa and was in charge of a funfair booth. Its prob family day for some company and everyone there ar jap. These kids looked at u in the eye while they held out the coupon needed for a try at the funfair game and smiled meekly. They would wait patiently for their turn at the games, say thank you when i handed out the prizes to them, and took the initative to help the pple mannin the booth by pickin up the games equipment tat has flew off accidentally. a pity i cant upload the photo tat i has taken of dis very handsome kid currently. Something wrong wif my internet security settings. Shall be workin again for the event company dis fri. Woa i wanna meet cute kids. Of cuz I m still a staunch supporter of Yishun kiddies!

~~~

Played soccer wif Vietnamese internationals at Nus src handball court today. They really display acute sportsmanship in addition to their immaculate teamwork and precise passing. Haha i shall be a braggart and comment on my wonder goal today.

I was playin a lone striker for my team. It was a counter attack and i received the ball in mid air on the right somewhere slightly in front of the midway line. There was a opposition player markin mi closely and with a deft flick usin my instep of my fav right foot, i got past him in a swift flowin motion. I raced down to the centre but alas, as alwiz, my "deft" touch wasnt precise enough and it flew slightly too far away from mi. I could hav used my left foot to strike a very adventurous volley but i knew my far from polished technique would not be able to carry off such a daring strike. so i cushioned the ball down to the ground usin my left foot and as i attempted to cut back to the centre(now on the left instead haha), usin the outside of my right, the opposition midfield general rushed back to jockey mi. Without ado, i did 2 lightnin quick stepovers (edited), first to the right, second to the left and immediately pushed the ball left and foward. This halted the marker momentarily and i picked my footin and striked a angled shot from the left corner usin my left foot and it was destined to be a top class goal from a lucky strike. Hee.

The midfield general came over to congratulate mi and everyone applauded. That's genunine sportsmanship. It was juz back to basics. We were enjoyin football on a level playin field. Normally, local opposition would hav not been so generous wif their praises.

Recently, foreigners juz wowed mi with normal manners.

Labels: , ,

posted by Xiao Feng at 11:36 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home