Memories of the Wind.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

我只想再叫你一声姐

I am really getting old, too old for comfort. Failing memories, familiar but unrecognisable faces, friends walking out of my shadows and becoming distant strangers are a common scene. I am dwelling a lot into my past, all the past events coming back to my mind like a replay of soccer highlights. Wahaha. All the exciting moments are flooding my memory gates. Today, I am goin to blog about someone who I consider dear to my heart. Shes my "姐".

When I was 16, and O levels just ended, which was around end 2000, I went to work as a promoter, manning a small promotion store for Watsons at White Sands. What a bother, the pay was peanuts, and the distance from my house was obscencely far. However, I am glad, for I managed to know this 20 year old gal called Tan Li Na. Well, her name certainly invokes some vulgar thoughts; I wonder if u readers are well schooled enough in the university of life to spot the distinct similarity to a famous swear word.

Ok. should not trail off again. She was manning a ZA store (cosmetics) just beside my store. We got along well and I felt a sense of closeness to her. When i was really young, I always imagined and dreamt about having a big sister. Haa maybe brotherly love isnt enough. And it wasnt just me. My brother who is 3 years older also dreamt regularly about having a elder sister.

Therefore, to me, I see her as my sister already. Besides we got the same surname and we are both Hokkien. Hmmm maybe we got along well because of the magic of our horoscope. We are both librans. And i managed to guess correctly her horoscope due to my superb six sense. Call mi spidey tan or wadeva la. Haha. Actually, we got along well because we are similar in some ways. We are great fans of starsigns, and she would confide in me with her love problems. For example, she told me she like this guy who was ugly as described by her yet was really really a nice guy. I guess nice guys does win sometimes.

Hence, i told her that i wanted her to be my 姐 and she agreed. Yeah!! That was one big chapter in my life. Hence, she gave me a slamdunk keychain which was one of her treasured collections. In return, I gave her a bomberman keychain. Hee I would not want to work if not for her. She was my only motivation that time. Yet, good things have to end as always. I stopped working about one month later and I failed to keep in contact with her. I got no handphone at that time and I did not want to take down her number. Why? Cuz i got this childish hope that if we were fated to meet again, I shall see her once more. Bah!

I really want to meet up with her. Dear someone above, please show me a miracle. Or people, if u happen to know someone who may be her, please please let me know.



The slamdunk keychain. She gave mi 2 but i lost e other one.. Always losing things dear to me. I guess I am sick in the heart. I only cherish what has been lost..

---

Side story: During that time, I bought a huge Tare Panda (dunno if spelt correctly)cuz it was rather famous that time and planned to give one to xq on Christmas eve. She was workin at Jurong Point Coffee Bean. She wasnt working that day though.. The soft toy's still gathering dust at home.

Labels: ,

posted by Xiao Feng at 11:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home