Memories of the Wind.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The little angel.

Commitment.

This is the word that correctly expresses my feelings when I go to Yishun Reading Stars as a volunteer every Friday night.

Really find myself being less motivated this semester to go there. Tons of work, a hectic Friday schedule and most importantly, my brethren are slowly disappearing from the Yishun scene.

However, I shall continue.

The love factor is compelling. I go there for my kid, Wee Chou. He's a really cute kid. You almost cant see his eyes when he breaks into a wide grin. Good natured and rather helpful too.

I remembered the 4th session when I asked him whether he feels that he has behaved well during the particular session or not. He replied sheepishly that he hasn't really. Yet, he promised that he will behave better the coming session.

In addition, he actually remembered the 5 basic rules when hinted. (Be attentive, ask for permission, take turns, be polite, raise your hand)

*Touched*

Though the improvements are not drastic the coming session, he did relatively well. He helped to carry the chairs used for the reading session back to where it belongs and then come back to me with his usual cheery grin.

Tears rolled down my eyes. Eh. Joking.

Though he has faults, his goodness I see far surpasses the little glitches. And Mabel commented the last session that Wee Chou loves me. Yeah.

*Flies up to the sky*

...

At the end of the previous session, I asked my kid how many stars he deserve. He conceded he only deserve one. Well, true. He knew himself. He wasn't behaving. So I gave him only one. Still, his smile never fades.

One thing I absolutely adore about him is that he never argues for more and is happy go lucky. Easily contented? Ya. He never lets his disappointment gets the better of him. And at that time, Xiqian, who was sitting in front, turned back and asked for a pen from me. Wee Chou immediately took out one to lend him.

That deserved another star and I promptly applauded and rewarded him for his nice gesture. Tell me. How can I not like him?

That made him break into a wider grin.

Hee ^^

Labels: ,

posted by Xiao Feng at 12:07 PM

2 Comments:

Hey hey!

I love the song that is playing in the background. Who is the composer and what's the name of the song if you don't mind me asking. Its absolutely beautiful!

2:10 PM  

Hi Kim!

Thanks for leaving a comment. Appreciate it. =)

The music is adapted from Bonne Journee.

The rest of the details I will try and help you find out.

This is due to the fact that the music u are hearing now is played by my friend.

I think she will know more. =)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home