Memories of the Wind.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The emo club.

Back to the emo club, not before I realise that blogger posting is finally normal.

Well..

Haven't fall in love with a drama serial for a long long time. This is especially so since the shows that I have been watching are only inclusive of documentaries ranging from elephants' murderous streak to ants' vicious attack on its own kind to animals' sexual instincts. Watching soccer games are another exciting part of my otherwise bland choice on the remote control.

So what is this drama? Does it possess magic?

:)



The show that has crept into my hectic and mundane life is channel 8's 9pm romantic comedy, "Mars vs Venus". I love the show for its light ways, yet poignant enough to tug at my heartstrings. It shows the life of 2 contrasting marriages. One is a newly married and super loving couple, and the other a stagnant marriage of 7 years.

Huang Bi ren acts as a convincing auntie in the show (the wife of the 7 years marriage) who has grown haggard throughout the years as she toiled as a housewife for the family. On top of that, she has to bear with her conniving mother-in-law who never fails to produce enough verbal poison for her son and grandchildren.

Despite Huang Bi ren's efforts towards this family, her marriage is on the rocks. Lack of real communication between her husband (played by Tay Ping Hui) and both self-righteous side has resulted in their relationship souring. Add in the husband's ex girlfriend and you get more than enough gunpowder to blow off an entire island.

~~

It is rather inspiring to see how much Huang Bi ren's character in the show loves the family and her heart-wrenching sacrifices that she made even though she is also at fault that her marriage is so strained.

Yes Sk, I said that I do not really believe in undying love, but I admire people for their selflessness love and the willingness to put love before themselves. No matter what kind of relationships, the willingness to sacrifice is something that is evident in great love. However, trust, commitment, communication are other important ingredients that must be present before true love can stand strong against the trickery of time.

.... ..

I finally dreamt of my mum for the first time since she passed away. It was a strange thing that none of us has yet to dream of her though.


The dream

Everyone was brought back to the past through a time portal when my mum was still alive. However, we knew that we can only be there for one day..

The only scene that I could vividly remember was me kneeling down on the floor before my mum. Her hands were tightly in my grasp and they felt warm. I was crying bitterly and telling her that I have been a unfilial boy and regretting the things I have done and not done. I promised to be a good boy, to do my chores, to take care of myself and not to make her worry anymore.

She was calm and gave me a reassuring look. Despite not talking to me, she consoled with her eyes that spoke of wisdom. However, her eyes looked distant, as if she was preparing for a long journey, never to return..

~~

I cannot remember most of the details in the dreams, but I know I will forever miss my mama. I will live on well and make good my promises. The things that I said in this dream are exactly what I said on my mum's death bed. I was holding her hands too and desperately crying out for her to respond to me and trying ways to revive her, but to no avail.

I am sure she has heard me. =)

I love mama.

******

ps: a sms today made me super happy. I hope to see you soon. =)

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 7:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home