Memories of the Wind.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Soccer Crazed.

Craving for soccer. I had that terrible itch to kick around while on the bus to school today. I had been rather deprived of soccer that whets my appetite. I need to play continuously for a humble 2 hours at least before I can really satisfy my lust.

But school work is an enemy of soccer..

The only soccer that I played recently was last Saturday's kick about with some secondary school kids and a couple of uncles at the field near my house. The kids are pretty decent players; 2 play for the Young Lions and an other one is in Saint Andrew's school team.

The goal that we used was wooden poles stuck to the ground, which was different from the cones that they used previously. I guessed the cones were already spoilt as they are easily damaged from the crushing impact of shots. The wooden poles are much sturdier, but they make potholes on the pitch and that isn't very pitch friendly isn't it?

Hmm, out of curiosity, I went to check up various types of alternatives like real soccer nets and I came across this website called Soccer Goals. It offers a rather wide range of portable pop up soccer goals with various sizes. Ideal for the kids who want to train professionally on a field with no fixed soccer nets at all. In addition, it will not damage the pitch unlike the unsightly wooden poles currently in use.

I will definitely recommend them to take a look at the website when I play with them the next time round. Having taken a look at the various soccer goals, I believe the Portable Backyard 6 ’ x 4 ’ Competition Folding Kids Soccer Goal is a suitable goal for them. The small goal improves precision and accuracy and the joy of scoring means that you do not have to run and get the ball which has gone off to a distance. The net is conditioned for all weathers too! This simply means rain or shine, it will not fail us as we play with scant regard to the unpredictable weather. I can't wait to try ramming the goals in if they do get the soccer goal!

The soccer rebounders displayed seem quite interesting too. Cool for any players who have the motivation to play alone. This reminded me of my late army nights when I trained alone with only my water bottle and handphone accompanying me. I was more focused on juggling as shooting and passing were ridiculous without a mate. However, the rebounders could solve that problem immediately as I could keep on shooting without the chore of picking the ball out of the net.

Well, the thing that probably deters me is the price of the soccer goals. It isn't that cheap from $49.99 onwards. However, it still boasts of a competitive market price when compared to other companies. If you are looking for a goal for professional training, I propose getting your own soccer goals now!!


You can access the website at http://www.soccergoalzinc.com

Anyway, soccer tomorrow. Prays for a hat trick.

Labels: ,

posted by Xiao Feng at 9:54 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home