Memories of the Wind.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Beni's trapped in the lift

Arrrggh. Scary scary. Got stuck in the lift todae juz around 1150pm when i was about to reach home from my cca. I was dumbstruck and rendered speechless, stopping in my tracks when i was humming Guang Liang's yue ding. AND i thot it might be the work of the supernatural, since its the second funeral tat my block is having in this week. Soo jumpy for me. Maybe i am having an overdose of fear after bloggin so much about the unnatural presence that any pure bad luck i am having, i would attribute it to the unknown.

Haa, but nowadays the lifts are so sophisticated. Within a minute of being trapped
in the unfortunate 'box', it was able to resume its functionality, and brought me to safety just one level below my floor. Some uphill exercise and vertical displacement for my tired muscles was definitely justified after a minor scare. So walk walk and i reach home.

This made me remember the days in my tiong bahru flat as a child. The lift was one of those old mechanical lifts where there's no lift for every floor and there's no see through glass for the lift. Furthermore, it was lighted by only two rectangular fluorescent lights and has a ventilation fan.

I remembered how much i dreaded taking the lift because i was often afraid that the lift may break down. Haa, it was no joke, cuz the lift juz likes to play a prank on its passengers. It broke down very often and what made me so fearful of the lift was the fact that the lights were often spoilt too. The lights often flicker and u would alwiz wonder when it may juz suddenly go out. And it's in prefect unison with the status of the lift. They are true frenz that spoil together. And when the lift is spoilt, the ventilation fan juz stopped working.

What made it worse is the fact that it simply stops in the middle of now where. Fear simply strikes hardest and grips my mind and body, like the bad bodily smell which emanates from an unclean beggar. Furthermore, my old flat was very well known for the killings and suicides that occured during the 1970s and that was simply too much for me to bear especially with my fantastic imagination that loves too much to link anything under the world together. Hmmm. Sign of things to come for my next spook.

Labels: ,

posted by Xiao Feng at 12:21 AM

2 Comments:

wah...i can't remember the last time i got stuck in the lift. U're so suay

10:41 AM  

haa. suay lorr.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home