Memories of the Wind.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Friday nite is the mood for love.. Season 2.

Friday nite is the mood for love.

I realise that tearjerkers only have their desired effect when the person watching it probably puts him or herself in the protagonist's shoes. And as I grow older, I become more and more emotional. I take things harder, and the lines on my faces get deeper.

When I was young, I always remember seeing my mum cry when we were watching some particularly touching scene on television and I would laugh at her for being so affected. I guess things have taken a turn and retribution is at hand.

I only remember a rather touching show when I was young that makes my cry. I am proud to say that I manage to stop them from flowing during the show as I struggled to withhold my emotions. I only let go when I hit the bed.

I think it is probably secondary school days when I watched the show. It was called "祖孙情", acted by the boyish looking 林志颍 and the then famous boy actor 郝绍文 who acted as Jimmy Lin's younger brother.

In the show, Jimmy was a teenager who was still schooling. His parents had died in an accident. Hence, he and his brother had to live with their paternal grandfather. Due to 文's tender age, they chose not to tell him that his parents had died.

While Jimmy had to cope with his grief in losing his beloved parents, he also has to bear with his nuisance brother, who always gets him into trouble. His grandfather seemed to love 文 more and was particularly strict with him. As a result, he could only cry alone, in the silence of the night, watching the footage of his parents before they met with the mishap.

I really feel a lot for Jimmy's character at this point of the show. I could feel his grief, his eagerness to make his grandfather happy, yet not appreciated. I supposed when I was young, I also wanted to make my presence felt. However, our efforts often come to naught as kids normally remain largely anonymous in the world of adults.

The show came to a climax when Jimmy fell from a really great height while trying to save his little brother who had foolishly climbed to somewhere really high.

While he was breathing his last, he finally told his grandfather how he felt. He told him about his fears, his disappointment in not living to his grandfather's standards and how he tried to be a prefect grandson. He also told him how much he missed his parents and that he could only cry alone because he dared not show his weak side to his grandfather. Finally he stated happily that he could be with his parents on the other side...

----

Haixx. That was the only show that reduced me to a whimpering idiot during my adolescent years. Till now, I still feel sad when I think about the show. Shucks.

Because I am afraid that I would not be able to do some things, say some stuff when I miss my chance. There is only one life.

And now, I am starting to feel a lot when I watch romantic shows. There is only one person that comes to my mind whenever I try to put myself in the silly situation in such shows.

Every breath that I take, every second that passes, every little moment, I could only fill myself with this certain person. I finally do not question whether I really love her or not, because I do.

I guess I finally found a person whom I really want to be with. All my previous crushes and infatuations throughout the years do not match up to this intense feeling that I have now. Weird to me really.

Its time I start doing something to stop it from slipping away again.

Please.

我取笑自己是个傻瓜.
可是傻瓜也有权利去爱一个人,
也有权利守着她一身一世.

Friday nite is the mood for love.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 2:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home