Memories of the Wind.

Monday, August 25, 2008

We are our main obstacle

I did an interesting experiment while I was on the way home from tuition tonight.

There was a long, straight stretch of road beside Queenstown Primary School which I have to walk. The lights were dim, and there was no one in sight. There wasn't any obstacles in front either.

Hence, I closed my eyes, and I counted my steps as I proceeded to walk towards home.

1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. ... 9.. 10..seems like eternity...

10 steps were my threshold when I started to falter, and almost stumbled.

Although we know that the road ahead is straight and how it looks like, the moment we lost sight of our goal, we stumbled and we became our main obstacle, because we are afraid. We are afraid, because what is known, has become unknown.

We need to cure ourselves of our insecurities.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 11:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home