Memories of the Wind.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Friday nite is the mood for love.

Friday nite is the mood for love.

This post is overdue. However, strange reasons concocted from my little mind justify its belonging here as thoughts had long been formed for its purpose in "Fri nite is the mood for love". Like the composer who have notes popping out from nowhere and its cadence sounding to a midnight tune, I arrive here with an intent to share..

A friend recently told me one night from where she was, she could see stars filling the sky. What a beautiful sight that must have been, with so many heavenly bodies larger than the earth, yet illuminating the dark sky like tiny fireflies. From where I was, there wasn't any stars that was really obvious to me.

We all knew that it was the same sky that we were looking at, but the image was succinctly different. We were looking at the same thing, yet because of our location, our position, I am never ever going to see the sky lighted up by multitudes of stars.

Well, even if I were to be with my friend that night, watching the same image, my gaze transfixed in that particular moment, our perception of the image would probably still be different. The surreal beauty of that moment is captured in ways more complicated than its physical manifestation.

I guess that applies to human psychology. People looking at the same thing often "see" it differently. That's life. We could never really settle differences. We could only complement it.

Friday nite is the mood for love.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 11:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home