Memories of the Wind.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Our real distance

I was 2nd time lucky yesterday night. I managed to call in yes933 during Jiahui's segment "Oh, yeah, 不想睡". The first time was during Peifen's dysfunctional radio show in the late night too. However, I was too nervous, and coupled with the fact that the call only lasted less than 2 minutes, I actually forgot to dedicate a song to my friends.

Never mind, I shall try again today. If you want to listen to my mesmerising voice, please tune in to yes933 and listen closely. Wahaha.

===

Pondering about a very serious topic now. I need to be very focused. The advancement in technology has definitely decreased the distance between people, because we are now able to communicate with one another conveniently through various devices like the net. This makes me realise:

the longest form of "verbal" interaction I had with my friends were actually when I was cooped up at home.

All right. My record is as stated below. Though I know that they are not going to be the global maximum, but for a person who is not that "out-spoken", it sure stands out.

I ever spoke on the phone for 4 hours with my friend. If you were wondering that might be the opposite sex, nope. It was a guy. Till now, I am still surprised at the inexhaustible stamina that I possessed that time to hold on to the earpiece. I could swear my ear is numb.

As for msn, I do not think I could ever break my record of being online for a crazy 7.5 hours. It was a marathon and a miracle that my fingers were not paralysed by the vicious typing action.

Finally, as for yesterday, I sent out 68 messages altogether. There may not be a lot relative to others, but if I throw in the fact that 60 were to the same person, that surely adds in a "wow" factor of 7. If I were to constantly send out 68 sms every day, I would amass 1980sms in a month. Pure madness.

Strange that I could spend so much time on non-living devices instead of really going out with my friends. The form of interaction is a bit unreal. I was like laughing at my phone and computer instead.

Haa. The pressing of a few buttons can easily mean "I love you" when it is in fact so difficult to spell out when you are really facing the person.

Shall not stress myself out even further. I need the brain to cramp up more relevant stuff.

Labels:

posted by Xiao Feng at 12:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home